Contrabass Digest

To subscribe or unsubscribe, email



list                           Sun, 3 May 1998            Volume 1 : Number 64

In this issue:


Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 12:46:51 -0700
From: Grant Green <>
To: <>
Subject: Re: list V1 #63

At 03:31 PM 5/2/98 +0100, Mark Rubin wrote:
>Seen one listed for sale @ the Dillon Music webpage.
>Anyone shed some light on this thing? Sounds like a tuba-sized valve
>trombone in BBb, and if that's the case, I wouldn't mind having it for my
>Jewish band.
>Any info would be appreciated.

Yes, that's essentially what it is.  Cimbassos (cimbassi?) are cylindrical
bore (like a trombone) brass instruments, typically with 3-5 valves,
pitched in either F or BBb.  There are a few different configurations: some
are folded like an upright tuba, some are more trombone-shaped, and some
look like a combination of tuba with a trombone section over the shoulder.



Grant Green
Just filling in on sarrusophone.......


End of list V1 #64

Next Digest ->
Previous Digest <-