|To subscribe or unsubscribe, email email@example.com|
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:45:33 EST
Thanks for your help
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:28:54 -0700
From: Grant Green <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Concert Time!
The San Jose Wind Symphony will be presenting its jazz concert ("A Jazz Affair") this Sunday, 3:00 PM on 2/27/2000, at the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts. The program includes:
Selections by Clint Baker's New Orleans Swing
- St. Louis Blues, Handy / Cray
- Scott Joplin Retrospective, Joplin / Clark
- Blues for a Killed Kat, End / Fennell
- That's A Plenty, Creamer & Williams / Henderson (featuring Clint Baker's New Orleans Swing)
- Sing, Sing, Sing, Prima / Hest
- Persuasion, Nestico (featuring Terry Summa, Saxophone)
- Symphonic Jazz Suite, Bencriscutto
- In the Miller Mood, arr. Barker
I'm actually playing mainly bass clarinet on this concert, as none of the works call for contralto, and only one ("Blues for a Killed Kat") calls for contrabass clarinet. Actually, I'll also play "Sing, Sing, Sing" on contra, but only because (a) its more fun to wail in the altissimo (up to the G# above high C) in unison with the tenor sax line, and (b) where I do have the bass line, it just sounds better in the lowest octave ;-)
The SJWS sax quartet will perform before us, starting at 2:30 PM - also worth hearing.
Come and enjoy!
Grant Green email@example.com
***End of Contrabass Digest***
Next Digest ->
Previous Digest <-